BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

fish :-8

Yes,
I'm tongue tied. My kids ate fish as they grew up. My daughter - not so much, but some. They both scored well on the ACT or SAT (don't remember which). But now I find out if I had just paid more attention they could have done even better. Reader's Digest's new September issue has an article about eating fish. This article quotes doctor after doctor recording benefits of eating fish. But what caught my attention is the big print info. on page 159. "Young men who ate fish more than once a week scored nearly 11 percent higher on IQ tests than males who rarely ate seafood." Of course, we all backed off fish when we learned of the dangers of mercury. Apparently there is reason to study fish more closely and find safe sources of fish to include in our weekly menus.

0 comments: